Friday, August 17, 2018

It's been a long time...

The last time I wrote on my blog was two years ago. A lot has changed since then. My last internship will start in two weeks, my boyfriend and I moved in together and we got a lovely cat named Ginger. But more about that in another post.

I also recently found a new 'purpose' in life: producing as less plastic waste and to live as sustainable as possible. My goal (at least for now) is a zero waste lifestyle, but less waste might be more realistic. I've been educating myself on the subject  by reading articles and watching videos on Youtube and I find the possibilities fascinating. I already incorporated a lot of things into my routines, like taking my own bags when grocery shopping, going to the farmers market instead of the supermarket, using a reusable coffee cup, I replaced my toothbrush with a bamboo one instead of a plastic one and so on, and I really enjoy it. So on my blog I want to document my wins and losses regarding this lifetsyle. It recently occured to me that a lot of things in the zero waste community are quite old-fashioned (for example, the shopping resembles the way people would do it in the past). Therefore, I think the name of my blog fits perfectly.

Are you interested in producing less plastic waste?

With love, Jip.

2 comments:

Ann B. Kennedy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janey said...

I applaud you so much for this! I've been focusing on consuming less plastic as well, so I would love to see your journey and learn more!!!

You mentioned switching to a bamboo toothbrush, which I'm all for, but about a year ago I switched to an electric toothbrush, and my dental health has gone way up, so it's hard, because I'm all for less plastic, but not at the expense of my dental health.

xoxo
-Janey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...