Monday, October 10, 2011

Our beloved cat ...


Teddy, our cat, has been with us for almost 4 years now (he is 6 years old).  A few weeks ago, he started to act very strange and we were worried, so we bought some medicines for him. Today, after a blood test, it came out that he ad problems with his kidneys and he is in terrible pain. We decided that we will go to the vet (is that the English term of a 'animal doctor ' ?) to let him put to sleep with medications, because it is no longer Teddy anymore.
I am still having a hard time to accept it, because you always have a little hope that the cat will survive, instead of die. But the sadness will fade as the time goes by. I am happy for him that he will be no longer in pain.


With love, Jip.

5 comments:

Marloes said...

ahh lieve kat! x

Unknown said...

Dankje voor je comment ^^.
We hebben hem gisteravond laten inslapen.Ik mis hem wel maar hij heeft nu in ieder geval geen pijn meer :).

Myrtha Meadows said...

I know how it feels. I had a cat for 18 years, who got sick in the end. I took her to the vet (yes, that's the correct term in english, short for "veterinarian"). If you love someone it's better to let them go, instead of letting them continue suffering for selfish reasons - because you don't want to live without them...And I also know the sadness lessens with the years. Two years after my cat died, another one decided to move into my house! She's been living here for a year now :)

Ellen said...

mooie kat.

groetjes van
dailylovebeauty

ps: doe je mee aan onze winactie?

seannaapproved said...

Hi, Jip!

Thanks for stopping by at my blog. :) Zooey does kind sound like the lovely Ella!! And it's so nice to hear of someone else so young in love with vintage. I fell in love with it when I was a little younger than you and it's just been in the past few years I've been developing my own vintage wardrobe.

I am also sooooooooooo terribly sorry to hear about your kitty. I had to say good-bye to my kitty Garfield almost two years ago. You and your family will be in my prayers.

~Sean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...