Sunday, September 4, 2016

What have I been up to lately ? - Week 35 + an important update

The last time I posted, I was about to go on vacation to Prague with my boyfriend. It was awesome. The city was beautiful and even despite the bad weather we had a great time. After the trip to Prague I had a couple of weeks vacation left. Since then, 'normal' life started again. But instead of going to school five days a week, I'll only go on friday. The rest of the days I spend at my internship which started a week ago.

I have my internship at a day activity centre for elderly people and I already like it so much! The people who come over there as well as the people who I work with are lovely. It is my job to keep the people busy with games, crafts, reading etc. Everyday is a bit different from the last and I don't work very long days, so have plenty of energy to do other necessary things like doing groceries and cleaning my apartment and other things. I could really imagine something like this being my job. To give you an impression of where I will spend most of my days these coming six months, I have found a 3D image of the inside of the building.



You readers might remember a post from about a year ago, the one about a 'fashion identity crisis'. Truth be told, this year I found myself in the exact same spot again. I felt that I was limiting myself again because I always felt the need to look as historically accurate as possible. And when I liked something modern, I'd quickly look/think at something else. But after thinking about it for a long time, I came to the conclusion that this is my life, and I should wear whatever I want. If people won't like me for what I wear (or don't wear anymore), I won't worry about it too much. It is time for me to choose for myself. If I want to wear vintage again, I'll certainly will. But after that, If I tend to like some more modern pieces as well, I won't hold myself back this time the way I did again during the summer.

One of the first things which came to mind was: what will I do with my blog now that my style has changed? I had been worrying wether to stop blogging altogether, or maybe to change the name or something. But then I knew that I will always remain 'Old-fashioned at heart'. And that I'll find a way to update my blog so it fits the person I am becoming now.   I don't see it as a problem or something negative but as some kind of journey.

I hope you lovely people won't give up on following and reading my blog. I still love the blogging community and I even think this whole thing might sound familiar to some of you who wear or have worn vintage 24/7.

with love,

Jip.

2 comments:

Birthe said...

Dressing should be fun, wear whatever you like :) People who appreciate you less if your're not head to toe in vintage gear are so not worth it. I've never really had any restrictions for myself and go look what highstreet shops have to offer on a regular basis and just try things on(I end up with vintage looking pieces though, H&M can be great at that ;)) If I felt like I wanted to wear jeans (very unlikely but still) tomorrow I would buy a pair.

Ann B. Kennedy said...

I am happy to learn about your work and you have a fantastic opportunity to learn about the past from those dear people who are looking to you for the enrichment they may be longing for in their lives at this point. They are fortunate to have you with them. Enjoy and make the most of every special minute for all of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...