Thursday, November 21, 2013

Busy days, and some ideas and a birthday.

Here in Holland -well, near Holland because I live in Germany- we celebrate 'Sinterklaas' on December 5th. Maybe you even know what is is. If you'd like more information, take a look at this website. For me, it means buying gifts and writing poems and that can be really hard. I am awful at writing poems. I really am. Other things that keep me busy is sewing. At the moment I am sewing a blue bouse, inspired from a 1944 pattern which a friend gave me almost a year ago. I have to draw every sewing pattern myself, my teachter told me. To practise the drawing. This is the very first blouse I made which features buttonholes and a collar. So far, I really like it. Sometimes sewing can be tricky but I want to become really good at it and make my job out of it when I'm a bit older.

 the blouse I'm making looks like the one on the right, but mine has a different collar.

In 5 days I'll turn 18 and I cannot wait. That's also becaue my boyfriend will come to visit me, he'll stay for more than a week and will celebrate Sinterklaas with us. Then, we'll go over to his house and also celebrate it with his family. I miss him so terribly much ! I have not seen him since October 31st.. But in 4 days we will see eacht other again ! How do you cope with missing your boyfriend/husband for several days/weeks?


Today I stumbled upon this image on Glamourdaze :


Isn't that dress just darling ? I love the bodice and the skirt and the sleeves ! I am thinking about drawing a pattern for this dress. I have made a blouse and a skirt before, but never attached a skirt to a bodice and i have no idea about closures and where to place them... A zipper ? Snap fasteners ? Side seam ? Or in the back ? Perhaps it would be a good idea to look at original dresses from the 1940s and look at how they are constructed. I already have a dress in mind for that.

Now I must write another poem and I also have to finish my homework !

with love,

Jip.

2 comments:

Renée said...

Kijken naar originele kledingstukken is een heel goed idee! Ik heb daar zelf al erg veel van geleerd.

Voor een jurk zoals op je inspiratie plaatje zal je of een opening in de zijnaad moeten maken (rits of drukknoopjes, rits is het makkelijkste) + een opening midden-achter in de nek (rits of stofknoopjes). Of je kan ook een rits midden-achter doen van de nek tot waar de rok begint (of net iets verder, hangt af van hoe strak het model is). Dit zie je heel soms op jurken uit die tijd maar niet veel. Het is wel de makkelijkste optie.

Jessica van Chronically Vintage heeft net gepost over een ca. begin jaren 40 jurk waarbij je op een van de foto's heel goed de rits midden achter ziet!
http://www.chronicallyvintage.com/2013/11/wearing-dress-that-has-been-in-my.html

Audreys86 said...

Leuk dat je het patroon uitprobeert! Ik ben erg benieuwd naar het resultaat.

De jurk van het plaatje zal inderdaad een kort ritsje in de net hebben of een kleine knoopjessluiting (als je dat doet zou ik het wel met knoopjes doen die je met dezelfde stof bekleedt. En een ritsje in de zij of drukkertjes en haakjes en oogjes. In die tijd hadden ze eigenlijk nog niet lange ritsen op de rug, dat is meer eind jaren '40 dat dat wat op begint te komen.

Op zich is het niet moeilijk om twee patronen samen te voegen. Vaak werd dezelfde taillehoogte gebruikt voor allerlei patronen, de taillehoogte staat ook altijd aangegeven op het patroon van een topje, tot die lengte maak je dan dat patroon, het patroon van de rok zit als het goed is dan op hetzelfde punt als het bovenstuk dat je hebt ingekort. Dan leg je de patroonstukken ben elkaar en plooi je de plooien even weg om te zien of het in de breedte ook goed aansluit.

Succes!

Groetjes Aukje

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...